Bicycle Post Trail Info
The Bicycle Post Trails are fully open!!
We have occasional work days every month or two. Details are usually emailed to club members and/or posted inthe Forums. If you can't make the work day times you can always ride with a small set of clippers and take care of hangers/arm grabbers/thorns etc. Additionally all of the pipes that we use for erosion control can use digging out (on the uphill side) on a regular basis to keep them functional. There are shovels stationed around the trail for this purpose so don't hesitate to pitch in!!
Weekly rides are happening at the trail on Tuesday evenings on an "occasional" basis. Check here
for more details!!
signs are posted. The signs are positioned for riding the trail in one
direction (entering the woods by the main trail sign). All of the major
intersections are marked with trail names and most have full trail maps with "You Are Here" indicators on them. Obstacles are also marked in
this direction. If you are new to these trails and concerned about
getting lost we recommend riding in the signed direction!
From Raleigh/points west
– Take US-264 E towards Greenville, exit at NC-111/NC-222 (#53) to
Saratoga/Fountain, turn left end of ramp - go 15.6 mi, in Falkland turn
right at Crisp St which turns into Kings Crossroads Rd - go 0.8 mi,
turn left at Short Bridge Rd, trailhead is 0.5 mi on the right.
From Greenville/points south and east
– Take NC-43 N (towards Rocky Mount) from town, after crossing over
US-264 – go 5 mi, turn left at Short Bridge Rd, trailhead is 0.8 mi on
Look for two large signs marking the start of the
trail at a thin line of trees on the left side of the road. Parking is
available on the edge of the field near the sign. The entrance to the
field is about 100 yards down the road from the sign.
Google Maps view of trails
Fees and Membership
All users of the trail must:
become an EC Velo club member or pay a daily rate of $3/person (fill out
pay envelope and deposit in the drop box mounted to tree behind sign).
- Sign the liability waiver. This needs to be done once every year. EC Velo members who sign up on-line sign the waiver during that process.
Please place completed pay stub on dashboard, EC Velo members use their membership card as their parking pass.
for day users are available at the trail head. They can also be downloaded here
Day use waivers should be placed in the pay box at the
IMPORTANT! Anyone without a parking pass will risk being towed.
- Helmets are mandatory for all bicycle users.
be aware that unmarked obstacles exist throughout this trail system.
You are responsible for evaluating your ability when it comes to riding
- Walkers and runners are welcome to use the trail, however, please yield right of way to bicycles.
- Please CARRY OUT all LITTER and TRASH. Keep the trails clean for future users.
trails of any type are not allowed and could result in loss of all
trails in this network. If you would like to help build trails please
contact trail representatives listed here.
Support the Trail
trail is on PRIVATE land that is leased at a cost of $3000 per year! A
corporation called the Bicycle Post Off Road Riding Club Inc. has been
established to secure the lease.
- The Bicycle Post has agreed to pay for the cost of the lease as well as the insurance coverage for the trail (totaling over $4000 annually). Their willingness to support local trails should be recognized by all users of the trail. Please support their two locations and tell them that you appreciate their support of these local trails!
- The EC Velo Cycling Club has
agreed to handle all maintenance costs and volunteer time and organization to keep the trail in good condition for all users. Club members are
entitled to a one year parking pass for the trail (your membership card
is your parking pass).
- Additional support for the trail is always needed and primarily funded through rider donations. If you use the trail regularly please consider making
a donation. Donations can be left in the pay box or sent to the following address (make
checks payable to Bicycle Post Off Road Riding Club Inc.):
Bicycle Post Off Road Riding Club Inc.
c/o Bicycle Post
215 East Arlington Blvd.
Greenville, NC 27858
The people and
organizations have made a significant contribution to keep the trail
open and available. Please thank and support them whenever possible:
Gerry Smith/Bicycle Post
If you would like to support the trail with a business sponsorship please contact trail representatives listed here